Monday, January 11, 2010

Feel good song :)

I haven't blogged for a while, mainly because some time last year I had decided that I want to stop complaining about stuff, and give more space to nice things ... coz we already give too much importance to sad things in life. Anyway, each time I was about to post something, something sad or bad would crop up and I would eventually decide not to post it.

Anyway, today I was scheduled to work the evening shift. Management comes with perks, so I can leave early and continue working from home - no questions asked. Fortunately (or unfortunately) we have a TV in the office so the guys, most of which are football fanatics, can follow any ongoing leagues or tournaments when the work slows down. Unfortunately at times someone decides to switch the channel to MTV - which means the whole office has to listen to the endless crap that oozes out of MTV (and having the most cringe-worthy songs repeated ever 45mins or so, something which drives me up the wall) or to TVM!!!!! which means that the whole office has to bear some incredibly moronic program which TVM decides to air *shivers*

BUT!! there are those wonderful times when the TV is switched on to the Discovery Channel, so we get to work to the soothing voice of Bear Grylls or to the wacky voices of Mythbusters' duo while desperately trying to blow up something. But my favourite thing in the whole world are the ads on the Discovery Channel. I know that it might sound stupid to you, but they tend to use very nice music. For example about a month ago they had an ad which featured The Flower Duet from Delibes' Lakmé. Don't know about you but I simply love this melody.


As I said earlier on, I can leave early and continue working from home - no questions asked. Usually I leave anytime between 19:30 and 21:00, because round that time everything would have died down and we almost never receive any requests which need to be forwarded to me. So at that point I pack up and head back home from where I can monitor the situation while being comfy in my pygamas and possibly watching a movie. Today I had to stick around more than usual - I actually met the guy who works the night shifts (no, we're not being evil, he asked us to only work the night shifts so that he can have ample time to train basketball and football during the day) who I hadn't seen in quite a while!!! - and I got to listen to one of the best feel-good songs ever ... and without much further ado (coz frankly I guess the intro was far too long), here you go!!! Hope you'll like it as much as I do :)





Have a great day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment