Tuesday, September 01, 2009

summer roundup

sooo ... after quite a long hiatus, i'm back :)

What have I been up to in the past few months? Well, quite a bit actually :)

I've spent most of the time since my last post till mid-July at work ... covering shifts, etc. But come July the fun starts :)

I've spent a weekend in Comino with my better half. The plan was to spend a couple of days away from the madness of Malta, the Maltese and the madness of work, and to work on our sun tan, BUT ... it didn't occur to me that on weekends, a lot of Maltese go to Comino, until I got there and could hear the music blaring from across the beach. But we still managed to enjoy our time, until Sunday evening came round and we were in pain due to the sun burns we got in a space of a couple of hours (on Sunday itself!).

But all in all it was great ... I enjoy the landscape and seascape of Comino, the beautiful beaches, and the idea that you can't be reached by anyone (especially if you simply switch off your phone :))

After such a nice break, and ... how shall I put it ... after making some time available for reflection, it was time to undertake quite a daunting task ... that of buying a car.

I've whined a bit about this decision on this blog (not half as much as I've done with my boyfriend, poor thing) so as you can imagine it was not an easy one ... especially when you consider how indecisive a person I am. Anyhooo ... I had seen this ad on the newspaper for a 2nd hand car, and I had gone to see it. It was in a good condition and the price was within budget ... so all that was left was for me to take the decision. Anyway to cut a long story short, I bought the car so finally I have my own ride, which I'm not really keen on driving (but that's another story, might write it down some other day).

And once that was covered it was my time to cross the pond and go to Canada, precisely to Prince Edward Island, where I've spent 3 blissful weeks away from work *zones out for a couple of minutes ....* It's a lovely little island, and by little I mean that it's 22 times larger than Malta, hehe. It's a wonderful place, each and every house has it's lawn, there are trees on the side of most roads, and if you drive a few minutes away from the suburbs you will be treated with wonderful views of vast meadows, trees, grazing cows, sheep and at times even llamas!! From a consumerist point of view it is close to heaven - you will find anything you need and most of the time it is dead cheap, plus good customer support.

It was a great holiday, and I'm really grateful towards J's family for welcoming me into their own home, and taking the time to show us round and spending as much time with us as possible :)

As i told you in my last post, I have some special news for you :) While I was in Canada I've received an sms from my sister-in-law breaking the great news that in February I'll become an aunt!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I'm finally becoming an aunt!!!! The news still overly excites me :) (hence the post about the Kookles Nursing cover giveaway ;) )

Now that those three weeks are over, we're back to this dusty, over crowded, but beautiful rock. I'm sorry that I'm back to work, having to listed to all levels of stupidity being spewed out of some of my clients (not the mention 75% of the commentors on The Times of Malta), but I'm glad that the "refreshed feeling" hasn't worn off yet ... let's wait till I get a bunch of overtime shifts to work just coz everyone went on holiday, then the b*tch will come out again.

Hope that everyone had a nice summer, and managed to take a couple of days off to unwind and maybe enjoy a dip in the sea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment