Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Alchemist



I just wanted to drop a quick note to celebrate the 21st anniversary of The Alchemist (a novel by the Brazilian writer Paulo Coelho).

If you have never had the opportunity to read this book, go out there and get it ... do not pass up on this really beautiful piece of work. Not all of Coelho's novels appeal to the general public, and I understand that. But this one is different ... after all that's the reason for its huge success! It has been translated in about 67 languages and it has been on the tongue of the general public ever since.

I'm gonna leave you with the most famous sentence of this book:
"When you want something, the whole Universe conspires to help you realise your dream"


1 comment:

  1. Hi! That's why I have seen that all of a sudden bookshops have bought lots of copies of 'The Alchemist'! I loved that book :)

    BTW, It's odd that I have just come across your comment that you left me on Sunday. Sorry, I hadn't seen it before or maybe there was a twitch in the system because I didn't receive a notification. I actually saw it when I logged in to the blog.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete