Tuesday, August 08, 2006

... my future? buuuuuuuuq!!

Today is my real day at home after coming back from London. I am really missing the long days out in the parks, I'm definitely not missing the hectic centre, but I'm really missing Greenwich and the Cotswolds. I really miss the serenity imparted in those places.

Well, yesterday was Nella's birthday, so in the morning I went along with a friend to chose a birthday present for her on behalf of the group and in the afternoon I worked on my own personal gift. Being a terrible time manager, if it's wasn't for Andrea I would not have got there on time, so thanks alot mate. Frankly I was surprised by Nella's reception, she kept hugging and kissing me and telling me how much she missed me. Well maybe I'm not a thankful person, or there is something wrong with me, but I did not miss anyone while I was away, except for my better half, which was a different kind of story.

Anyway, today I decided that I should start working on the assignments I have for September and October... and as you might imagine, it did not hold up for more than an hour, so I got back to browsing the internet, doing stupid stuff, thinking about how much I hate this course. Mind you I adore the subject, however I hate the fact that I have to read tons of books that unashamedly break the basic rules of English. It seems that there is a championship of who comes up with the longest sentence in world history; which book requires a thesaurus most, which book has got words you would not even be able to find in a thesaurus; and which book comes up with the weirdest and most stupid interpretations in the whole world! And apart from having to stick up with these books I have to write assignments, trying to fool the lecturers that I have fully understood what these lunatic authors were ranting about in their books which were probably written in some remote desert under the effect of the torrid sun and some kind of exotic drug. I have decided that I would rather spend my life doing something that actually indicates progress in my work than writing papers that I don't even understand myself and spend a couple of weeks hopeful that thanks to some strange cosmic activity I would get a good mark. Thank God that within 11 months it will be over and done with!! Phew!

And after this whole debate taking place in my mind I've practiced a bit my favorite hobby - daydreaming about the years to come and then finally I took a nap... which I was awaken from by a phone call from a university in London that I had contacted the day before regarding the bachelors degree in Interior Design the institution offers. It was a nice chat, however it was quite a shock to discover that it would cost me about STG49,620 just to take up this course, let alone the accomodation for 3years, if not 4! Well obviously I have to continue my search, I'll see what I can find, but obviously I cannot take this decision on my own, apart from my family, I've got to have a long chat with my bank account hehehe, and more seriously with my better half. It's a choice which might affect him in the long run.

Well I guess that's all for today ... I won't promise anything but I hope I will write something about London and put some pictures of the model from the interior design course I took lately.

Cheerio for now, take care



PS: sorry for breaking the basic english rules by writing paragraph-long sentences

No comments:

Post a Comment